2019 Information and Reservations
We’re excited to open the registration for the Kruger Brothers Academy 2019. The dates are Thursday evening May 2nd through Sunday afternoon May 5th. The Academy will be held once again at the Yadkin Valley Event Center at the Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro, NC.
While we enjoy performing at venues across the country and in Europe (and more recently Australia), the Academy is the highlight of our musical year.
- Individual instrument classes in guitar, banjo, bass (upright and bass guitar), fiddle, as well as guided traditional singing with clawhammer banjo
- Three full days and four nights of classes, jamming and sharing time with like-minded people.
Attending our 2019 Music Academy offers:
We emphasize that, as always, the Academy is for participants at all musical levels, from beginners to advanced.
- An opportunity for classical and folk musicians to meet in Wilkesboro, the heart of American Folk Music, and to participate in the merging of the musical world of both genres.
- A unique, one-of-a-kind, musical workshop.
- A discovery of the unity of the musical world through illuminating workshops, group discussions, jam sessions, targeted lectures and concerts.
- An understanding of and appreciation for music on a deeper level.
- A shared insight into the inner workings of the “emotional language” of music.
- An opportunity for participants to perform at the Academy “Night of the Stars” on Saturday evening.
- Three uplifting days filled with music and great food.
- The opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones.
Laura Boosinger & Josh Goforth
We are excited to introduce two new instructors to our team for next year. Our good friend and award-winning fiddler Josh Goforth, who was born and raised in the mountains of North Carolina, will be teaching old time and bluegrass fiddle. World renowned singer Laura Boosinger, who many of you know and love from our previous Academies, will be teaching clawhammer banjo and traditional singing styles. Of course there will be a generous amount of Kruger Brothers music, insight, and magic.
- Total package – Full Academy attendance and meals (includes three nights lodging at the Holiday Inn Express) – $985
- Full Academy attendance and meals (without hotel lodging) – $785
- Non-Participating Partners – access to jam sessions, concerts, and meals but not classes – $485
(Full fee is required at the time of reservation for partner of a full-priced participant.)
The Wilkesboro Holiday Inn Express allows participants the opportunity for longer jam sessions and interaction among participants and the Kruger Brothers. Short and simple; it just gives everyone more time.